The 3rd Unifor Constitutional Convention is being held from August 19-23, 2019, at the Centre des congrès de Québec, Québec (Québec). The Convention convened on Monday, August 19 and the theme of this years Constitutional Convention is "Whatever it Takes"!
Unifor Local 4504 President Ernie Caissie is attending as a delegate.
Some highlights of the Convention from August 20 and 21, 2019 are below:
- Organizing Department releases strategic plan
- Labour can and must do more about sexual assault says Me Too founder
- Unifor delegates adopt new bargaining priorities at 2019 Convention
- Jerry Dias acclaimed and Unifor has first woman as National Secretary-Treasurer
- Strong unions needed in Canada, Freeland tells convention